Update 30.12.2020: Board and game rules adapted to ensure more effective gameplay 😊
It’s Ludo, but with a twist! Having four playing pieces per person whilst playing socially-distanced is bound to get confusing, so the game has been simplified to ensure smooth game play – but new features have been added to keep it interesting! Be the first to collect four Christmas items and deliver them to the Gingerbread House – landing on a snowflake means you can pick up a card, which will either work against you or in your favour! Make sure to download the instructions below for a full guide on how to play!
You can either download a pre-coloured board, or a blank one to colour in yourself!
Tips for effective gameplay:
- When you land on a space, tell everyone what (colour) playing piece you are and what space number you have landed on. This will help avoid confusion which can occur when you’re playing on separate boards.
- Have patience! When playing games over the phone, it’s inevitable that at some point, confusion can occur and people are no longer sure who’s coloured in which space. Taking the time to solve the problem will mean you will have more fun in the long run!
(can also be played in small teams)
10 – 15min
1) One dice
2) Playing pieces (as many as there are people playing)
3) A print out of the Festive Ludo board (download below)
4) Scissors (to cut out the cards)
Disclaimer: Keep in mind that phone calls cost money, so be sure to check your phone credit situation first. If you’re a kid, also make sure to check with your grown-ups before downloading anything or making any calls! 😊